Open as PDF
LATCH can be used IN PLACE OF the vehicle belt system. Please
refer to vehicle owners manual for LATCH locations.
• Lap Belts with Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR)
This lap belt stays loose and can move until it locks
in a crash or sudden stop.
• Combination Lap/Shoulder Belt with Retractor
Each strap has a retractor at one end and is
attached to the latch plate at the other end.
• Passive Restraint - Lap Belt with Motorized
• Passive Restraint - Lap or
Shoulder Belt Mounted on Door
DO NOT use vehicle belts that
are attached to the door in any
way or that move along a track
to automatically surround the
passenger when the door is closed.
• Lap Belts Forward of Seat Crease
DO NOT use any of the following systems to secure the infant restraint.
5.2.1 UNSAFE Vehicle Belt Systems