Open as PDF
n Press the key, as necessary, to cycle the personal fan from OFF to LOW to HIGH to OFF. An LED indicator lights to
show the currently selected fan speed.
n The fan remains set at the set speed if you pause your program.
n The fan turns off automatically if you exit your workout, or when you complete your workout program.
HEART RATE MONITORING
Heart rate monitoring allows you to determine if your workout is too challenging or not challenging enough. Monitoring heart
rate is easy with the STAR TRAC S SERIES BIKE. You may use a heart rate strap (not provided with the bike), or you can
simply grasp the silver contact heart rate grips (available on the S-UBx Upright and S-RBx Recumbent bikes only).
NOTE: The Heart Rate monitor is not a medical test, nor is it designed as a medical test. It is simply a guide to target heart rate
training. Please consult with your physician prior to engaging in any strenuous physical activity.
IMPORTANT: The manufacturer does not warrant the heart rate system performance on this product, as the heart rate system
performance varies, based on a user's physiology, fitness level, age, method of use and other factors. Furthermore, the heart rate
system is not for medical use.
CONTACT HEART RATE MONITORING
You may use the heart rate contact grips (available on the S-UBx Upright and S-RBx Recumbent bikes only) to automatically
check your heart rate. Just follow these steps.
1. Grasp the stainless steel heart rate contact grips; you do not have to squeeze tightly.
2. It may take from 30 to 60 seconds for the heart rate system to acquire and display your heart rate. While your heart rate
is acquired, a pulsing heart displays in the Profile Window.
3. Once your heart rate has been acquired, the Profile Window returns to its normal display mode, and your current heart
rate in beats-per-minute (BPM) displays in the HEART RATE Window.
4. Release the Heart Rate grips if you wish to remove your heart rate reading from the display.
CHEST STRAP HEART RATE MONITORING
You may use the heart rate strap to automatically check your heart rate. Just follow these steps:
1. Before beginning your workout, or during a pause, moisten the back of the transmitter on the heart rate strap (not
included). Place the strap snugly around your chest with the transmitter resting directly over your sternum.
2. When your heart rate has been acquired, your heart rate in beats-per-minute (BPM) displays in the HEART RATE Window.
3. Remove the heart rate strap, if you wish to remove your heart rate reading from the display.
NOTE: The performance of the transmitter may be affected by body types, body oils, metal in clothing, and outside electrical
interference. Always be sure that the transmitter and skin are in good contact. Avoid operating other electrical equipment near
your treadmill when you use the heart rate strap.
LOCKOUT ID PROCESSING
When the Lockout Enable has been set in Manage / Maintenance Mode (see “Manager Mode” or “Maintenance Mode”, as
appropriate), users must enter a Lockout ID number to enable the bike for operation.
To enter a Lockout ID:
1. Mount the bike (refer to “Seat Adjustments”) and begin pedaling.
n If Lockout Enable is set, the message “BIKE LOCKED; PRESS 0 TO ENTER ID” scrolls across the Profile Window.
2. Press the key, then use the keys to enter the three-digit Lockout ID. Entered digits will show in the Profile
3. When the Lockout ID has been entered, press the key.
n If you enter the correct Lockout ID, the message “VALID ID” scrolls once across the Profile Window. You may
continue with normal operation of the bike (see “Quick Start” or “Preset Programs”, as desired).
n If you enter an incorrect Lockout ID, the message “INVALID ID” scrolls once across the Profile Window. Make sure
you have the correct Lockout ID, then repeat steps 1 through 3 to re-enter.